Saturday, November 9, 2013

If I created a school, what would I expect?

If I created a school, what would I expect? 

Choice, choice, choice 

No more workbooks 
No more copy machines 
No more worksheets 
No more wasted time 

Workshop or studio with choice
Student centered and guided 
The only way students grow and learn

A garden of  people growing together 
Creating a community 
Supporting each other 
Learning by living
In success and failure 

The garden takes time 
And we all think we don't have enough time
But time produces an excellent crop 
Sometimes with imperfections 
Yet satisfying...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE...this so makes me miss the classroom though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very nurturing place. I love it! Wish your dream could come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite line is learning by living in success and failure. I am one of those people who think children need to learn through both success and failure and winning and losing. Sometimes in failure is when we learn the most.

    ReplyDelete