Silently, patiently, waiting
Sounds
Two televisions on different channels
Staff chit chatting
Someone working at a desk
Snacks being opened
Chewing
Sniffling
Throat clearing
Doors opening and closing
Coughing
Vending machines
Sights
People sitting
Reading
Writing
Engaged with technology
Sleeping
Glazed looks
Resignation
Waiting for jury duty
Oh my it has only been 17 minutes...
Out in the hall
Lawyers talking to clients
Waiting for your turn
Discouragment, encouragement
A world so different from mine
Hearing two televisions is quite wearing, hoping to silence the noise!
One realistic piece of writing. Truly describes the situation.
ReplyDeleteJury duty. Yuck. I like how you captured the moment!!
ReplyDeleteI love the format of this!
ReplyDeleteAt least your were able to write while you waited! I have to agree with the two televisions. The noise would be bonkers.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you were writing, I'm the crazy person who is fascinated by being on a jury. xo
ReplyDeleteYou have captured your surroundings with such detail that I am there.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't time just go so slowly sometimes. The nice thing is it gives you a chance to observe and take note of things out of your ordinary day to day life.
ReplyDeleteGreat details. Oh what a long wait you had!
ReplyDelete