Let me be very honest, I don't make good use of my time. I watch as my husband is so busy doing many different things that he doesn't have enough time to get them all done.
Sometimes I think I am more efficient, but probably I'm too slapdash and hurry to get done. I also like to while away the hours reading escape fiction. I've read so many lately. I'm going to have to take a break from the mysteries with the recipes embedded. I read the Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan and needed an escape from making informed decisions about our selection of food. I thought I was environmentally conscious. Wiser choices are soon to follow. Agribusiness has made corn and soy our only go to "choice". From the eggs we eat to the fuel we use, it's everywhere. Only a handful of farms across the nation farm without major harm to the environment. Eatwild.com is a start.
Did I mention though, that I love to cook, garden, try to keep the house clean and stay in touch with the family? I guess I'm not all that lazy, I just don't keep busy from sunrise to sunset like my husband.
Thanks for this blog post- I'll check out Omnivores Dilemma. I just moved from the city to farm country (my "yard" consists of corn fields and pastures where cows are grazing), and I'm trying to learn more about the life. It's been an eye opening experience all around though. And I also had an attempt at my 1st garden this year! Haha, but mine wasn't so successful. In fact, that's what my Slice of Life blog was about today. If you like to garden, I'd love it if you could share some garden tips/stories. As you can see from the blog's title, it is kind of a call for help: http://janemartynauthor.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/frog-and-toad-my-not-so-green-thumb-and-a-call-for-help/
ReplyDeleteYour choice of how to use time does not have to match what others choose. Reading a book is always a good way to use time.
ReplyDeleteMy husband is always doing something, I say good for you. I will continue to enjoy the breeze in the shade as I read. We all have to decide how we want to spend our time.
ReplyDeleteThe unfortunate thing for our home is that my husband and I spend our time in similar fashion - neither of us too big on housekeeping or grounds maintenance! A drive in the car always takes precedence.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are busy...just in a different way from your husband. I think it is important for us to each find our own "busy."
ReplyDeleteBusy is one of those words that means different things to different people. So enjoy your busy time of reading and changing your way of eating. I'd much prefer to read a book than do housework!
ReplyDelete