http://www.pullmanil.org/ The Pullman Historic District is a unique community, built in 1880-84 as a planned model industrial town for the Pullman's Palace Car Company.
Great slice Patti. I feel the contrast between burnt, empty, solitary and majestic. It shocked me when you went to majestic and I had to go back and read again.
Patti, I love this poem. When I think of your writing this is the first piece I think of. I really like the contradiction of how burnt & empty the building looks vs. the majestic and solitary look of it. Happy writing and Happy retirement! Carrie xoxo
This is great, Patti. Such great word choice. I love the line "listen to the whisper" - it's really thought provoking. Great slice.
ReplyDeleteI can picture this so well from your choice of words. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteWow. Sparse yet compelling words. I don't know what a Pullman Building is or Metra Line. Makes me want to go on a history search. Thank you.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.pullmanil.org/
DeleteThe Pullman Historic District is a unique community, built in 1880-84 as a planned model industrial town for the Pullman's Palace Car Company.
Great slice Patti. I feel the contrast between burnt, empty, solitary and majestic. It shocked me when you went to majestic and I had to go back and read again.
ReplyDeletePatti, I love this poem. When I think of your writing this is the first piece I think of. I really like the contradiction of how burnt & empty the building looks vs. the majestic and solitary look of it. Happy writing and Happy retirement!
ReplyDeleteCarrie
xoxo