Sunday, March 31, 2013

I didn't want to tell..



My last year – 
I thought 
when I'm done
I'll just disappear...

and yet,

To dispel the rumors, I told and now
Well-meaning friends ask questions:
It’s a shame, won't your knowledge be wasted?
Don’t you wish you didn’t have to go to more meetings?
Why did they let you go to the conference?
Are you counting the days?
Have you checked out?

All I want to say
For Pete’s sake,
I’m not done.

I love what I do
I will see it through
Yet,
It’s time for a change
Plans x, y, z!
Which one will it be?
We will wait and see!




Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.

- Storm Jameson -

7 comments:

  1. So many feelings hide between the words. You sound like you are embracing new plans but not letting go yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a similar situation 7 years ago and heard similar comments: but you just completed your advanced degree? what are you gonna do? I made a change and can't say I never looked back but I have been awakened by the change. People seem to want to understand when it may not be possible for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As if you could disappear! I am sad for my own selfish reasons- who else is going to listen to me and help me??? But I am so happy for you and the possibilities that lie in the days ahead for you and yours. Your dedication and caring shine through every day and our halls are most certainly going to be a little emptier and sadder next year without you. You deserve to end your year knowing the appreciation we all feel for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What powerful words...and so few!!! Thanks, Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you well in your new endeavor, whatever that may be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two good friends are stepping off this year. I'll miss them both! As they make plans for retirement I know they deserve the change. But I will miss them, and their wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry these silly questions are being asked. I don't get people sometimes. I will miss your intelligence, your wit, your compassion for kids, your understanding of the teaching and learning process, your weekend (and week-day) emails, your kind nature, your belief in the right thing, I could go on and on. Suffice it to say....I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete